Brand New Bundles Have Just Arrived!
Kathleen has partnered with Bumblebee Bins. These bins are Play Dough bins thoughtfully curated by a pediatric occupational therapist to help ensure your child benefits from every item included.
Along with the complete sensory experience Play Dough Bins create, there is also a caregiver guide with every bin to help parents facilitate play and incorporate a variety of developmental skills such as fine motor skills, early literacy, and visual-motor skills.
Feathers From Above
A feather may be found by your bed, near the couch, in the car, or even floating in the air. Feathers are often found randomly, but may not be random at all. “Feathers From Above,” is a rhyming children’s book that discusses how feathers fall directly from the wings of our very own Guardian Angels. These Angels are sent from God to watch over us throughout our lives, and their feathers are reminders that we have nothing to fear
BRAVE is based on the real life experiences of a child who is scared of going to bed at night. This book is for every child and shows there is a super hero within us and we have nothing to fear. We are safe. We are loved. We are BRAVE
Here are the latest things I have been up to…
- Book Three is Coming In November and here’s the new title…This book is AMAZING. It is a young middle grade fantasy book meant for children as young as 5, but has a purposeful reading level intended for 3rd and 4th grade children. The chapters are short so that all kids can find success with their reading stamina AND for parents who are reading to their kids before bed and just want to go the F*#& to sleep. It will have color illustrations, a glossary, and questions to reflect on.
- What’s Been Happening? Agents and motivationOver the summer many things came to fruition. I got an agent, lost said agent, and wrote two books.
- Christopher Award ArticleThough Kathleen Davis and Gary Jansen each tell different stories in their respective Christopher Award-winning children’s books “Feathers from Above” and “Remember Us with Smiles,” the one common theme is love. Kathleen explores the love of God that gave us each a guardian angel, while Gary (and his wife and co-author Grace) reflect on the profound love of family. Both authors joined me recently on “Christopher Closeup” (podcast below) to discuss their work and the spiritual beliefs that guided them in the writing process.
- Tips To Get Your Kids ReadingReading to our kids and making sure our children are reading on their own is sometimes a difficult task to be held. If you don’t have a child who is naturally inclined to read, then reading may even become a chore, something the child sees as another thing that must get done, and possibly even a punishment. It doesn’t have to be like this and here are some tips to help make reading a natural part of your day.
- Structure in a very unstructured world. Why our kids need schedules, predictability and order.I will never forget the day a teaching consultant came into my classroom. It was my first year teaching. I was 24 and had a group … Read more